REGULATIONS OF THE 36th INTERNATIONAL U13 TOURNAMENT 2023 E U R O B I E R B E E K
1. The qualification tournament will take place on Saturday August 5th 2023.
2. The qualification tournament is played with several groups of 4 or 5 teams.
The winner of each group is automatically qualified for the International U13 Tournament on Sunday August 13th, Monday August 14th and Tuesday August 15th 2023.
3. By the simple fact of participating in the qualification tournament, the winning teams of each group engage themselves to participate in the International U13 Tournament.
All teams that are not the winners of their group in the qualification tournament, are eliminated and will not participate in the International U13 Tournament.
4. There will be 25 teams competing in the International U13 Tournament, divided in 5 groups of 5 teams.
Aside from the winners of each group in the qualification tournament, a few other selected
5. Belgian teams and 12 international teams, invited by the organising committee, will participate.
6. The following administrative and technical regulations apply both to the qualification tournament of August 5th and the International U13 Tournament of August 13th, 14th and 15th 2023.
7. Both tournaments (qualification tournament and International U13 Tournament) are reserved for U13 teams only. The players must be born in the period between 01.01.2011 and 31.12.2012. (Exceptions: see the following points 7 and 8.)
8. Some Belgian teams are allowed to select a few older players, born between 01.01.2010 and 31.12.2010, for every match of the tournament:
– for those teams, of which their U13-team with the highest ranking is playing in a provincial or regional league, a maximum number of six (6) older players may appear on the competition form;
– for those teams, of which their U13-team with the highest ranking is playing in an interprovincial league, a maximum number of three (3) older players may appear on the competition form;
– for those teams, of which their U13-team with the highest ranking is playing in a national league (Elite or Amateurs), NO older players may appear on the competition form.
9. Older players who might have a (written) permission of the national football association to play in a younger category for morphologic reasons, will be accepted in the tournament. This permission (in written)’ must be presented in the competition secretariat before the start of the first team match.
10. Each team can invite 1 guest-player of another team, provided that it can show a written permission of that team.
11. Each team has to be in possession of an identity card with a recent photograph on it or an affiliation card to the national federation of each of the participant players in the tournament. Those can be checked before the start of each game and/or whenever there might be a complaint of another team.
12. The matches will be played at the premises of KHO Bierbeek (affiliation number KBVB 3889), Wijnenberg 1 (see also Speelpleinstraat), B-3360 Bierbeek, Belgium (situated next to the Cultural Centre “De Borre” and the Hall
Attention: the main pitch (in the middle) is made of artificial grass on which it is not allowed to play with metallic studs.
13. Each team can register 18 players, 1 coach and 3 members of staff. ONLY these people will be granted access to the neutral zone of the fields and to the restaurant for the meals.
14. Every team will be offered a lunch (noon) on each day of the International U13 Tournament (August 13th, 14th and 15th). Teams that stay overnight will also be offered breakfast and/or dinner (evening).
15. Every day, a team form has to be delivered in the secretary’s office or administration room before the start of the first game. On this form, the names of the players and the official team colours must be entered. Furthermore, the names and the shirt numbers of the 18 players must be entered on a competition form (one for each game).
16. The players’ shirts must be numbered. Each shirt number must be assigned to the same player during the whole of the International U13 Tournament. This is important for the attribution of various awards (best player, best goal getter, best goal keeper, etc…).
17. Each team, participating in the International U13 Tournament, will have to use two outfits in different colours. If the two opponent teams appear in the same coloured outfit at the start of a game, the “visiting”
team (mentioned in the schedule as “Team 2”) has the privilege of playing in the official colours, and the “home” team (mentioned in the schedule as “Team 1”) has to change its outfit.
Important: each team should specify its official team colours on the team form. In any case of disagreement, only the colours mentioned on the team form will be taken into consideration.
18. Each team has to be present every day at least one hour before the start of its first game. See the tournament schedule or check our website (https://eurobierbeek.org) for more information.
19. During the International U13 Tournament (August 13th, 14th and 15th), a banner or a souvenir will be exchanged between the two playing teams before the start of each game.
20. The participating players and members of staff have to be insured at their own national football association. Neither the local club KHO Bierbeek, nor the organising committee VZW Euro-Bierbeek can be held accountable for accidents of any kind or for theft of objects occurring on or around the fields or in the dressing rooms.
21. Each team, participating in the International U13 Tournament (August 13th, 14th and 15th), has to attend the final ceremony on Monday August 15th 2023. This ceremony will take place between 16.30 and 18.00 o’clock. See the tournament schedule or check our website (https://eurobierbeek.org) for more information.
22. A team violating the regulations can and will be excluded from the tournament.
23. Every team will bring their own balls for warming up. Teams are allowed to do their warm-up on the fields 1, 2 or 3.
24. Because of the international character of the Euro Bierbeek U13 Tournament, all games will take place on a complete soccer field, with two teams of 11 players each. A maximum of 7 substitutes is allowed in the
dug-out. 11 + 7 = a total of 18 players for each team.
The games will be played according to the rules and regulations of the Royal Belgian Football Association (RBFA) for 11-to-11 games (some exceptions: see below). All referees and linesmen are members of the RBFA or UEFA.
25. Each player should wear shin guards in every game.
26. Corner kicks have to be taken from the corner flag.
27. The goal kick is taken from the 16 meter line of the penalty area.
28. A player receiving a yellow card can keep on playing. However, if this player is punished with a second yellow card during the same game, he has to leave the playing ground immediately and he cannot be replaced by one of the substitutes. Furthermore, he will be automatically suspended for the next game of his team.
29. A player receiving a red card has to leave the playing ground immediately and he can NOT be replaced by one of the substitutes. Furthermore, he will be automatically suspended for the next game of his team. If necessary, the organising committee might impose additional disciplinary measures.
30. Replacements: these are allowed permanently, but they can only occur when the game is paused and/or when agreed by the referee. During each half of the game, each team can replace a maximum of two players. During the half-time interval there is no limit to the number of replacements being lined up. Players that were replaced before in the course of a game may always resume this game again later on.
31. Duration of the games: see the tournament schedule or check our website (https://eurobierbeek.org) for more information.
A. A ranking in each group will be made, depending on the number of points obtained:
3 points for a victory,
1 point for a draw,
0 points for a loss.
B. In case of an equal number of points, the following criteria will apply in the specified order:
B1. the number of matches won;
B2. the goal difference;
B3. the number of goals scored;
B4. a coefficient, based on several indicators of the ranking and calculated using the following formula: P+(DV-DT)/100+DV/10.000
(format (##,####) these are the significant digits after the decimal point)
in which P = points obtained, DV = goals in favour, DT = goals against;
B5. if more than 2 teams are ranked equally in their group after applying the criteria A, B1, B2, B3 and B4, a ranking between them is established based on the same criteria (A, B1, B2 and B3), but only counting the games between the equally-ranked teams. If necessary this procedure is applied recursively until a complete ranking is reached or until it becomes clear that it is impossible to break the tie this way.
C. If some teams are still ranked equally, after application of A and B, a series of penalty kicks
will be taken, potentially prolonged until there is a winner.
D. At any time, the organising committee can decide to let a toss decide, in case of force majeure.
33. Scouting : because of the new privacy legislation GDPR of the EU, we are no longer allowed to transmit any personal data to third parties. Thus, it will no longer be possible to obtain a list of players of other teams at the administration room, unless all parties concerned have agreed.
34. By participating in the tournament every team subscribes to these regulations. Each dispute, not explicitly mentioned in these regulations, will be settled according to the rules of the RBFA. The organising committee will make a decision on the spot. Any complaint must be submitted by means of the correct documents at the secretary’s office or administration room within 15 minutes after the end of the match concerned. The decision of the committee is without recourse.